Other Things You Might Care to Know
I owned RubyMarCom, a boutique marketing business, where I provided marketing consulting and small group social media marketing training and educational seminars for businesses throughout the country. I also worked an adjunct professor in the Business School at Canisius College in Buffalo, NY, where I developed a course on social media management.
I’m the founder of: Social Media Biz Summit (www.socialmediabizsummit.com), the first large-scale SM conference to come to Buffalo, NY; #jewelrychat, a weekly twitter chat for the jewelry industry and www.RaisingBoysWorld.com, an online community for parents of boys.
The Social Media Biz Summit started in 2011 and takes place in Buffalo, NY in partnership with Canisius College. Tickets for the year’s event sold out in one month with nearly 150 people on a waiting list to attend and an online viewing audience of several hundred people. According to the Hashtracking report on the day of the event, 4.3 million impressions and 630,000 in reach were garnered from just Twitter. That’s a lot of eyeballs!
It gives me great satisfaction to be able to help people find their voice online and to create buzz about their product or service that will give them the results they desire. I look at each and every project individually and work equally as hard to provide you with results as I do to explain the process and educate you on best practices.
I currently live in Cleveland, Ohio with my husband and four boys.
I’ve contributed as a featured monthly columnist in the monthly jewelry industry publication, JCK on matters related to internet marketing as well as in InStore Magazine as a featured blogger on developing effective marketing strategies for the jewelry industry using social media. Other places you may have read my work include The Buffalo News, Buffalo Spree Magazine, and numerous websites focused on business / marketing strategies. I also wrote 96 page educational book on Chile that was published by Times Publishing and part of a series called Countries of the World. I’ve also contributed to a host of websites, radio and television shows geared at parenting boys.
I frequently speak professionally on the topics of social media marketing, integrated marketing communications, public relations and branding. I try to provide dynamic presentations that focus around designing innovative traditional and digital marketing strategies that will resonate with the target audience.
- Social Media Marketing – Speaker at the Buffalo Auto Show for Niagara Frontier Auto Dealer Association – February 10, 2012
- Social Media Marketing – Monthly Speaker at Women’s Business Center at Canisius College / in conjunction with Social Media Biz Summit Learning Labs
- Canisius College Women’s Business Center- Speaker for program graduates
- Creativity in Effective Social Media Strategy – Speaker at 140 Conference Montreal – May 15, 2012
- PR and Branding Through Social Media – Speaker at JCK (Jeweler’s Circular Keystone) Las Vegas – June 1, 2012
- The Line Between Venus and Mars: Women in the Digital Universe – Speaker at TEDXBuffalo Women – December 2012
- Social Media: Effective Strategies to Grow Your Brand – Speaker at World Trade Association – February 2013
- SuccessfulThinkersTV interview with Jim Bellacera